Employee Handbook Model & Template
This Employee Handbook model and template document, has been created to be the central reference point for your general information on your employment practices, policies and procedures. It should be amended to suit your business needs and culture and should be created in conjunction with the contract of employment to cohesion between the two documents.
This Handbook comes with guidance notes to help you to complete it to suit your own business and includes the following key policies/procedures that you must have in place to be compliant with UK law:
- Equal Opportunities
- Health & safety policy (only required if you have more than five employees. Short version included within this document)
It also contains inside it, short version model policies and/or policy statements for the following:
- Managing Sickness Absence
- Managing Poor Performance
- Family Friendly (Maternity, Paternity, Shared, Parental, Parental Bereavement)
- Data Protection
- Flexible Working
- Gifts, Hospitality and Anti-Bribery
- Code of Conduct
- Respect and Dignity at Work
- Internet, email and social media policy
The Handbook refers employees to read the full version of policies that are not contained within it but are available as part of the Essential HR Starter Document Kit. Please note that you can chose to purchase this Handbook as part an overall Essential HR Starter Document Kit it will be more cost effective for you than purchasing individual items.
Upon purchase, you will receive a link sent to the email address that you provide, where you will be able to instantly download your document(s) and the associated guidance notes on how to complete it. The link will expire in seven days after purchase so it is advised that you download the documents immediately and save them.
- All documents are designed and created in a fully editable Word format
- Our documents are designed as templates and models only; it is your responsibility to tailor each document to suit your requirements. You are not purchasing HR or employment law advice.
- If you require any such advice or further support, then please do not hesitate to get in touch (please note this is charged separately).